1. Chicago's Mercy Hospital can't close, Illinois regulators say Full story
2. 'A game changer': RIP Medical Debt gets $50M donation Full story
3. 27 senators urge inclusion of surprise-billing deal in year-end package Full story
4. 70% of digital transformation initiatives do not reach their goals. Click here to learn how to make sure your initiatives are successful.
5. BCBS of Michigan to open 6 primary care clinics through new partnership Full story
6. Tenet CEO gets $9.6M payout after stock price hits $40 Full story
7. Cerner to acquire clinical research company Kantar Health for $375M: 5 details Full story
8. 3 Must Reads:
- 4 steps to increase patient volumes and facilitate revenue recovery in 2021. Click here to download the guidebook.
- A paper-based informed consent process can put your system at legal and financial risk. Click here to learn how one health system made it mobile.
- What can CFOs learn from an analysis of more than 100M hospital transactions? Click here to read the 2020 Denials Index.
9. 10 cities with the most people in financial distress amid COVID-19 Full story
10. Amazon wants to offer primary care to other employers, report says Full story
11. Former employee of Medicare enrollment company gets 3 years in prison for stealing personal info for fraud Full story
12. What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
13. Mass General Brigham reports steep operating loss with $546M in federal aid Full story
14. UnitedHealth buys plan from Tufts, Harvard Pilgrim to address antitrust concerns Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What a decade of claims data says about the state of patient safety. Click here to read the full report.
2. 1/3 of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.
3. An paper-based informed consent process can put your system at legal and financial risk. Click here to learn how one health system made it mobile.