1. CMS proposes new rule to simplify prior authorizations Full story
2. Fitch: Downgrades for nonprofit hospitals will outpace upgrades in 2021 Full story
3. Congressional panels agree on plan to ban surprise medical bills Full story
4. Are you still capturing informed consent on paper? Find out how going mobile improves workflow, improves patient satisfaction.
5. CHS wants to refinance up to $2B in debt Full story
6. Tennessee hospital shuts down Full story
7. Lawmakers may split COVID-19 relief package into 2 proposals Full story
8. 1/3 of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.
9. Where are the 29 Leapfrog 'straight-A' hospitals?Full story
10. Where are the 16 Leapfrog 'F' hospitals? Full story
11. HHS proposes HIPAA changes: 7 things to know Full story
12. Effortless interoperability in the era of virtual care — tips for health system leaders. Click here to read more.
13. UPMC to acquire third hospital in Ireland Full story
14. AHA: 28 recommended actions for Biden in first 100 days Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 4 steps to increase patient volumes and facilitate revenue recovery in 2021. Click here to download the guidebook.
2. Is your health system in compliance with the new CMS Condition of Participation? Click here for a compliance checklist and to find out if you meet minimum requirements.
3. What can a survey of 1,000 healthcare consumers and 75 health plan executives tell us about the shift to home-based healthcare in 2020 and beyond. Click here to find out.