1. UVM Health cyberattack losses to exceed $63M: 5 details Full story
2. California suspends Medicaid payments to Borrego Health after FBI raid Full story
3. North Carolina health system settles suit with blind patient over billing accessibility issue Full story
4. How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this whitepaper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.
5. Tenet strikes $1.1B deal for 45 surgery centers Full story
6. 21 hospital closures in 2020 Full story
7. Care New England rebuffs bid from financial turnaround firm Full story
8. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare organizations must learn to quickly pivot to the new normal and bolster their preparedness efforts for the future. Click here to learn more.
9. 10 hospitals seeking RCM talent Full story
10. Indiana hospitals ordered to halt elective surgeries by Dec. 16 Full story
11. Oregon suspends license of physician who discouraged mask-wearing Full story
12. Are you still capturing informed consent on paper? Find out how going mobile improves workflow, improves patient satisfaction.
13. 6 recent payer-provider contract agreements, conflicts Full story
14. 5 updates on Epic and interoperability Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
2. What will be the pandemic's biggest effects in the years to come? Click here to learn what healthcare leaders think.
3. Health system resilience: A tactical guide for building stronger organizations and reaching more patients. Click here to read more.