1. New guideline calls for ethical treatment of women, minorities who need artery-opening procedures Full story
2. 10 top cardiology stories in 2021 Full story
3. Stanford Children's performs 500th pediatric heart transplant Full story
4. Recovering patient volume while staff are burnt out is a challenge. Support the return of pre-pandemic volumes with these best practices.
5. Brigham and Women's nurses accuse leaders of defying state order limiting surgeries Full story
6. 46 top hospitals, ranked by Leapfrog Full story
7. The patient experience isn’t as great as healthcare leaders think. Find out what 1,800 patients, physicians and healthcare leaders in 13 countries had to say in a new study from Abbott.
8. Omicron more resistant to Pfizer shot but causes milder infections, real-world data shows Full story
9. House passes clinician mental health bill Full story
10. HHS releases $9B in provider relief payments Full story
11. Demand for heart care is rising as a cardiologist shortage looms. Here's how health systems are adapting to the specialty's top challenges.
12. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 39 percent of providers struggle with constantly-shifting customer needs. Here's how the best adapt
2. It's not just clinicians — administrative staff are burnt out too. Learn 10 ways to retain your team.
3. Four questions held Lehigh Valley Health Network's strategic planning back. Learn how they found answers.