1. Cleveland Clinic performs 1st-in-world multi-organ transplant for appendix cancer Full story
2. HonorHealth researchers' new therapy changes NCCN guidelines for pancreatic cancer Full story
3. Christ Hospital joins Dana-Farber collaborative Full story
4. Hospital leaders are using the wrong information to make expensive operating room decisions. Here's how one Florida hospital increased primetime utilization by more than 8%.
5. 5 recent cancer center donations Full story
6. McLaren Proton Therapy Center set to be 1st to offer upright beam Leo treatment Full story
7. Infusion center wait times are increasing, along with patient frustration. Johns Hopkins decreased wait times time by 13%-32%. Join the OnDemand webinar here.
8. ProMedica lays off unspecified number of employees in wake of financial challenges Full story
9. SSM Health adds 600 providers through SLUCare Physician Group partnership Full story
10. Current "best practices" aren't good enough when it comes to utilizing the OR. Hear first-hand how Rush Univ. achieves optimal use through cloud-based software.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. It's impossible to drive revenue with disengaged patients. Click here for the tools needed to reduce patient enrollment time by more than 20%.
2. Hospital execs know nurses need more support. Click here to learn how to move past lip service and empower nurse teams with solutions that actually work.
3. ERP built by accountants, for accountants: Read how James River Home Healthcare's first CFO improved reporting speed and consistency by implementing a new ERP.