Listen to highlights of key stories in our daily briefing podcast.
1. Google, Ascension continue EHR collaboration by launching new search tool Full story
2. Massachusetts hospital to lay off 151 after sale Full story
3. Fake whistleblower sentenced for framing Georgia hospital employee in HIPAA violation scheme Full story
4. Your hospital needs to make the right decisions at the right times. Click here to register for Becker's Enterprise Imaging Virtual Event and learn how to ensure the right calls gets made.
5. 6 big ideas in healthcare innovation Full story
6. Microsoft to add Teams, Epic integration to healthcare cloud Full story
7. J&J's vaccine is safe, FDA says; California variant more contagious, early research shows — 7 COVID-19 updates Full story
8. Pandemic drove uptick in cyberattacks: 3 things to know Full story
9. More than 21 million people were affected by healthcare data breaches last year. Click here to learn how to protect your data using digital ID and biometrics.
10. Researchers underestimated the toll of EHR-related clinician burnout, study finds Full story
11. 6 health systems opening hospitals Full story
12. Massachusetts health system gets $800K in anonymous bitcoin donations Full story
13. A new era for telehealth: Why sustaining virtual care programs is essential to health systems' future success. Click here to read the report.
14. California hospital CEO target of no-confidence petition Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How does your health system select its partners? Click here to learn how to pursue strategic partnerships that are built to last.
2. Is your hospital getting the most out of its AI-powered tools? Click here to learn the 5 stages clinical digital assistants need to become truly ambient.
3. Enterprise imaging boosts metrics in all aspects of your organization. Click here for next strategies and next steps.