Listen to highlights of key stories in our daily briefing podcast.
1. Hacker infiltrates Iowa medical group's computer system; 34,000 patients' info exposed Full story
2. Biden to nominate Chiquita Brooks-LaSure as CMS chief Full story
3. How hospitals are using AI to teach physicians to better express empathy Full story
4. How this hospital leveraged technology to enhance diabetes care — Learn essential strategies to implement at your organization during this discussion.
5. Texas hospitals endure storm draining power, water: 6 things to know Thursday Full story
6. 15,600 patients' health info exposed in ransomware attack on California health center Full story
7. Kindred eliminates chief medical officer role Full story
8. Incomplete fixes for security flaws make hackers' job easy, Google says Full story
9. Chronic underpayments are shortchanging hospitals millions. Learn how one organization recovered $6M+ during this webinar.
10. 9 recent EHR contracts, go-lives Full story
11. CHS sheds 18 hospitals, swings to $511M profit Full story
12. Iowa drops Microsoft contract for COVID-19 vaccine management system Full story
13. Digital transformation on the clinical side isn't enough — patients expect big advancements on the financial front too. Revamp your organization's digital framework with tips from industry experts during this virtual discussion.
14. DOJ indicts hackers suspected of creating WannaCry ransomware: 5 things to know Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How ready is your hospital to comply with CMS's new interoperability and patient access rule? Click here to learn how to efficiently implement the necessary changes.
2. How does your health system select its partners? Click here to learn how to pursue strategic partnerships that are built to last.
3. Distributing COVID-19 vaccinations is the greatest workflow challenge of our time. Click here for tools to solve the complex logistics required to meet your community's needs.