1. Cyberattacks on non-for-profit hospital websites won't lead to downgrades: Fitch Full story
2. CVS Health zeroing in on $10.5B deal for Oak Street Health Full story
3. 17 hospitals, health systems cutting jobs Full story
4. Time is of the essence when treating patients with rare bleeding disorders. See how UT Health San Antonio is getting patients the care they need sooner via a new clinical pathway.
5. Oracle exec urges lawmakers not to abandon VA Cerner rollout Full story
6. Hackers steal patient, employee files from California hospital Full story
7. EHR vendor Athenahealth lays off 178 employees Full story
8. Heart disease deaths are rising as cardiologists see fewer patients. Close care gaps with lessons from 2 health systems here.
9. Music to medicine: Spotify founder launches healthcare startup Full story
10. Texas clinic receives $1M for EHR upgrade Full story
11. Bronson Healthcare launches MyChart Bedside app Full story
12. Hospitals are living 'paycheck to paycheck' and supply constraints are only worsening. See how some hospitals are turning the tide here.
13. 6 health tech trends impacting medical practices Full story
14. The unique challenges of cybersecurity at a children's hospital: Q&A with CISO Stoddard Manikin Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. High-risk patients drive high costs. Discover innovative chronic care interventions with better outcomes and guaranteed cost savings.
2. Hospitals need to make the most of surgical revenue amid financial pressures. Get 6 strategies on how to do it from leading systems here.
3. Adverse drug events and readmissions can quickly burden EDs. Here are 3 steps this New England hospital took to better manage high-risk patients.