1. 14 benefits health systems offer to attract, retain top talent Full story
2. Bon Secours responds to New York Times article regarding 'profit over patients' Full story
3. Penn Medicine forms primary care partnership Full story
4. Understaffed workforces can't fully activate patients. Here's how Nemours Children's bolstered patient engagement and reduced no-shows and cancellations with an easy-to-apply solution.
5. 10 states with the highest, lowest average price for Level 3 emergency department visits Full story
6. 7 health system collaborations with Amazon, Google, Microsoft Full story
7. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on telehealth and virtual care strategy for hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 10 minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
8. Florida hospitals evacuate patients ahead of Hurricane Ian Full story
9. Mayo Clinic Ventures: Key things to know Full story
10. Baptist Health to deploy new remote patient monitoring platform Full story
11. 35% of adults don't get enough sleep, which can cause poor outcomes and higher healthcare costs. See how health plans can tackle the issue with these simple strategies.
12. 5 best, worst cities for people with disabilities Full story
13. 'My kid could identify the flaws with this': Physicians concerned over CDC's new healthcare masking guidance Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.
2. Clinicians are tired of using health IT solutions not built with their needs in mind. Ensure your organization is adopting tech built with their input here.
3. AI is becoming the standard in health systems for a good reason - it can predict changing patient volumes with great accuracy. Read why AI is critical to an organization matching staffing to volume.