1. Massachusetts hospitals file merger plan Full story
2. Trump demands changes to COVID-19 relief bill Full story
3. New York pharmacy owners charged in $30M COVID-19 scam Full story
4. Outsourcing can be an innovative way to stay competitive in today’s hospital market. Click here to learn how one health system achieved this via a strategic revenue cycle partnership.
5. For-profit hospital M&A update: 14 deals involving CHS, Tenet and HCA Full story
6. Dr. Birx to retire after Biden transition Full story
7. Memorial Sloan Kettering paid $1.5M severance to CMO forced out over disclosure failures Full story
8. Lawsuit accuses Aetna of systematically denying coverage for cancer treatment Full story
9. Your input is needed! Becker's Healthcare is hosting a survey focused on Hospital Readiness in 2021. Click here to fill out the 5 minute survey to receive a complementary badge to a Becker's conference and an e-book of the findings.
10. 7 hospital mergers called off in past year Full story
11. House panel subpoenas HHS, CDC leaders in COVID-19 probe Full story
12. Erlanger restructured nearly 200 nonclinical manager roles since fall 2019 Full story
13. The 2020 Employee Benefits + Health Plan Survey for Hospitals and Health Systems. Click here to participate and receive a complimentary badge to a future Becker's conference.
14. 2 injured in shooting at PeaceHealth medical facility Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The key to a more financially productive primary care practice is the membership-based model. Click here to learn how 1,100 successful practices have followed that path.
2. The fight against healthcare turnover — A 5-chapter guide to improve retention and staff hard-to-fill positions. Click here to read the guide.
3. What can CFOs learn from an analysis of more than 100M hospital transactions? Click here to read the 2020 Denials Index.