1. 9 hospitals laying off workers Full story
2. Memorial Sloan Kettering paid $1.9M severance to former CMO Full story
3. Fitch: Nonprofit hospitals can manage omicron despite challenges Full story
4. Here's how a hospital reduced patient backlog and increased cardiac monitoring throughput from 49 to 864 patients in two years without additional resources.
5. City of Hope to acquire Cancer Treatment Centers of America Full story
6. 11 hospitals, health systems pausing nonemergency surgeries this month Full story
7. 8 top children's hospitals, ranked by Leapfrog Full story
8. Atlantic Health System acquires majority stake in CentraState Full story
9. 10 M&A best practices — Insights from Bon Secours Mercy Health and Summit Health.
10. Most Americans with medical debt owe more than $2K Full story
11. 13 hospitals planning upgrades, expansions Full story
12. 2 hospitals in China join Mayo Clinic Care Network Full story
13. Variation in care is tied to increased costs + adverse events. Better clinical decision-making starts with these 4 steps.
14. Vaccination-related employee departures at 50 hospitals, health systems Full story
15. 12 hospitals seeking philanthropy leaders Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The unknowns of telehealth are holding providers back — here's how to demystify them.
2. Cutting corners on medical device maintenance can backfire. Click here to learn what services are worth the upfront costs.
3. Still using paper fax to transmit patient data? Learn how switching to digital improves EHR workflows.