1. 12 hospitals have closed during the COVID-19 pandemic Full story
2. Baylor Scott & White's operating income nearly doubles Full story
3. 29 hospitals postponing elective procedures amid the COVID-19 resurgence Full story
4. Tune in to our new podcast episode with Henry Charlton, SVP & GM of Intuitive’s US and Europe Business
5. New York hospital to close ICU, cut 80 jobs
6. US hits 150K+ daily cases for 1st time; 18 states set hospitalization records -- 5 COVID-19 updates Full story
7. West Virginia health system seeks to quadruple hospital's bed count Full story
8. Does your health system know how to cut through the noise to best utilize the mass availability of data at its fingertips? Click here to learn 3 strategies to get the most out of your data.
9. 10 latest healthcare industry lawsuits, settlements Full story
10. Premier Health to outsource about 700 food, environmental services jobs Full story
11. Pennsylvania physician pays $850K to settle false billing case Full story
12. COVID-19 hits some communities harder than others. Click here to learn how to eliminate disparities in care and improve service for the most vulnerable.
13. Montefiore CEO Dr. Philip Ozuah on why he refused to ration a 1-day supply of N95 masks Full story
14. COVID-19-positive nurses in North Dakota get OK to keep working amid staffing shortage Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Out-of-state Medicaid claims — An overlooked revenue opportunity in a revenue-lite year. Click here to read more.
2. 10 plays to overcome 2020 financial challenges and return to profitability. Click here to read the hospital executive playbook.
3. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.