1. 5 hospital mergers called off this year Full story
2. UnitedHealth posts $3.2B profit in Q3 Full story
3. Up to 28 Kentucky hospitals at risk of closure
4. Risk profiling and the COVID-19 patient backlog — hear from CMO Dr. Mohammed Saeed during this live virtual discussion.
5. Louisiana health system lays off 205 workers after hurricane damage Full story
6. Tenet to close ED, end inpatient care at Massachusetts hospital this month Full story
7. HCA to advise on safety protocols for final presidential debate Full story
8. Join us for Becker's first ever Community Hospitals Virtual Forum - click here to view on-demand!
9. Missouri hospital worker allegedly sexually assaulted patient after snooping her medical records Full story
10. 15 hospital building projects costing $1B or more Full story
11. 20 states record COVID-19 highs; Redfield warns of emerging threat -- 4 updates Full story
12. Help your patients feel safe when returning for care they delayed by employing these action items. Click here for a roadmap to recovery.
13. IU Health CFO Jenni Alvey's message to healthcare execs: We still have work to do on price transparency Full story
14. St. Joseph's Health taps WellStar exec as new CFO Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How an ASC achieved 149% of its cash goal — click here to learn more.
2. Losses caused by COVID-19 are forcing changes in the revenue cycle management. Click here to learn how the industry's strongest leaders met the challenge.
3. Out-of-state Medicaid claims — An overlooked revenue opportunity in a revenue-lite year. Click here to read more.