1. New York health system to implement voluntary separations, layoffs Full story
2. Nonprofit, system-affiliated hospitals more likely to comply with price transparency rule, study finds Full story
3. Medical Properties Trust to buy 5 hospitals from Tenet, lease to Steward: 6 things to know Full story
4. Hospital RCM teams should play offense, not defense. Click here to learn how to prevent denied claims.
5. Physicians target Palomar Health leadership in no-confidence vote Full story
6. Joint Commission threatens to pull Rhode Island hospital's accreditation Full story
7. Former U of Kansas Medical Center administrator gets 2 years in prison for stealing $556K Full story
8. 10 hospitals seeking CFOs Full story
9. Many hospitals are still not fully compliant with price transparency requirements. Avoid penalites with tips from this virtual discussion.
10. Nearly 900 Chicago nurses strike Full story
11. Virginia health system to open 50-bed hospital Full story
12. UnitedHealth to be investigated by Mississippi state auditor for overbilling Medicaid Full story
13. RCM transformation — Lessons learned from Baptist Health Care and Barnabas Health. Click here to attend the virtual session.
14. Private equity pushes into healthcare: 6 recent deals Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare innovation isn’t going away after the pandemic. Download the 8 articles execs must read before successfully launching an innovation program.
2. After a year of crisis mode, what has the healthcare industry learned? Hospital executives share key strategies + trends that are here to stay post-COVID-19. Download the brief summary here.
3. It's time for hospitals to revisit their PPE supply chain strategy. Click here to for tips on avoiding future shortages.