1. CMS cuts payments to 774 hospitals over patient complications Full story
2. CommonSpirit's net income triples to $1.9B in Q2 Full story
3. Walmart may roll back its ambitious push into healthcare Full story
4. How Novant Health and Mosaic Life Care are building a more resilient supply chain systemwide. Join the live discussion here.
5. Texas power improves as water problems worsen: 5 things to know Friday Full story
6. California hospital alleges retaliation after seeking to end affiliation with Providence Full story
7. 27 Fortune 500 healthcare companies recognized for equality Full story
8. Oncologists sue Maryland hospital over lost privileges Full story
9. The search for novel revenue sources stops here. Learn how upgrading your primary care offerings can boost profitablility during this virtual discussion.
10. State board rejects U of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics' plan for $230M hospital Full story
11. Nurses in California county's health system to strike Full story
12. Colorado hospital, 13 clinics to rebrand Full story
13. Hospital finance leaders must be "specifically specific." Download this guide to learn what that means.
14. States seek excess vaccines reserved for nursing homes; US commits $4B to Covax initiative -- 7 COVID-19 updates Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. COVID-19 won't be our last pandemic. Learn how to solidify your emergency plan for future pandemics and crises here.
2. A new era for telehealth: Why sustaining virtual care programs is essential to health systems' future success. Click here to read the report.
3. Hospital renovations can disrupt sterile processing. Click here to learn how to maintain uptime processing and maintain surgical volume.