1. Maine hospital workers strike to remove CEO Full story
2. Meet the 13 members of Biden's COVID-19 task force Full story
3. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
4. COVID-19 hits some communities harder than others. Click here to learn how to eliminate disparities in care and improve service for the most vulnerable.
5. What to do when a hospital leader resigns: A checklist Full story
6. Mayo Clinic, Banner Health say they have thousands of job openings Full story
7. Tune in for a unique perspective on the current landscape of surgeon and care team education from Dr. Myriam Curet, EVP & Chief Medical Officer at Intuitive.
8. US sees 6th day with 100K+ new cases; Eli Lilly's antibody treatment gets emergency approval — 5 COVID-19 updates Full story
9. PwC: What healthcare executives can expect under Biden presidency Full story
10. 10 plays to overcome 2020 financial challenges and return to profitability. Click here to read the hospital executive playbook.
11. 23 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
12. Kansas health system closes child care center after 18 employees get COVID-19 Full story
13. U of Iowa Hospital CEO tells patients to have a backup as local hospitals fill Full story
14. Tenet to lay off workers in Detroit, unload 4 urgent care centers Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. It's digital transformation, not digital substitution — how to ensure virtual care is groundbreaking, not status quo. Click here to read more.
2. Surgical backlogs plagued nearly every health system in 2020. Click here to learn how some of the best systems navigated that change.
3. 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.