13 healthcare companies named among Forbes' most 'Innovative Growth Companies'
Thirteen healthcare companies held spots on the Forbes list of 100 most "Innovative Growth Companies" in the world, including one hospital operator, one physician services firm and one EHR company.
The companies on the list earned their spots based on what Forbes calls "the innovation premium," which the authors define as the difference between market capitalization and current net value of cash flows from existing business. The metric is intended to identify companies that are not only innovative now, but are also expected to be innovative in the future.
Here are the 13 healthcare companies that made the list, in descending order of rank.
4. DexCom — San Diego-based medical device manufacturing company known for glucose monitoring systems
5. M3 — Tokyo-based digital health services company that includes MDLinx, PracticeMatch, The Medicus Firm and others
6. athenahealth — Cloud-based EHR and business services company in Watertown, Mass.
15. Searainbow Holding — Haikou, China-based medical e-commerce company
27. Asahi Intecc — Nagoya, Japan-based medical and industrial equipment development, manufacturing and sales company
57. Sartorius — Goettingen, Germany-based laboratory for biotech, pharmaceutical and food industries
64. Elekta AB — Stockholm-based clinical solutions company specializing in cancer and brain disorder treatment
65. Mednax — Sunrise, Fla.-based physician services
77. IDEXX Laboratories — Westbrook, Maine-based developer, manufacturer and distributor of products and services for animal veterinary, livestock and poultry, water testing and dairy market industries
85. Bumrungrad Hospital — Bangkok-based hospital operator
87. Bangkok Dusit Medical Services — Hospital and healthcare services investor based in Bangkok
92. GN Store Nord — Ballerup, Denmark-based telecommunications and hearing instruments firm
99. Alere — Waltham, Mass.-based manufacturer of consumer and professional medical diagnostics
More articles on leadership:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.