Consulting Firm Names 9 Top Benefits of Health IT
IT's nine transformative capabilities, according to Booz Allen, include the following:
1. Reduction of medical errors.
2. Improvement of collaboration throughout the healthcare system.
3. Better patient-care transition.
4. Faster, better emergency care.
5. Empowerment of patients and their families to participate in care decisions.
6. More convenient care for patients.
7. Improvement of care for the military in wartime.
8. Enhanced ability to respond to public health emergencies and disasters.
9. Facilitation of discovery in new medical breakthroughs and provision of a platform for innovation.
Related Articles on Health IT Benefits:Study: Health Information Exchange in Emergency Departments Saved Nearly $2M Annually
Study: Stanford Physicians Used EMR Data to Guide Real-Time Clinical Decisions
Improving Cost-Efficiency, Safety in Hospitals via Imaging Clinical Decision Support
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.