Bon Secours launches new platform for virtual visits: 6 things to know
Bon Secours Health System in Marriottsville, Md., has launched Bon Secours 24/7, a custom platform for virtual visits for its employees and residents served by Bon Secours facilities across the nation.
Here are six things to know about the platform.
1. The platform was developed through a partnership between Bon Secours and telemedicine provider American Well.
2. The Bon Secours 24/7 virtual visit service will allow users to tap an app to connect within minutes with a Bon Secours medical provider via a mobile device or tablet or log into a secure website from their computer.
3. The platform features the following:
- Live video visits with secure messaging features
- Easy access to board-certified physicians, licensed physician assistants and certified nurse practitioners,
- Service available 24/7, every day of the year
- Expert preventive care advice about recommended tests and immunizations such as flu shots, mammograms, etc.
4. Bon Secours 24/7 visits cost $49 and may be covered by health insurance.
5. The Bon Secours 24/7 app is available for Apple and Android devices and can be downloaded for free from the App or Google Play stores, or by accessing the platform's website.
6. Bon Secours launched the service to its employees nationwide earlier this month and is now offering the service in Virginia. The service will be rolled out to additional states in the next few months.
More articles on health IT:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.