This week's 5 must-reads for hospital RCM leaders
Here are five articles published by Becker's Hospital Review this past week that offer insight on product reveals, patient satisfaction in billing processes, cost estimates and more.
1. 6 RCM product demos and reveals at HIMSS 2017
Here are companies that unveiled or demonstrated revenue cycle management products for healthcare providers during the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society's annual conference in Orlando, Fla.
2. 3 tips to increase patient satisfaction in billing processes
Shawn Yates, director of product management for Muncie, Ind.-based Ontario Systems, an accounts receivable management and healthcare revenue cycle management technology and services provider, spoke with Becker's Hospital Review about key steps health organizations can take to keep patients satisfied during collections.
3. Survey: 75% of provider organizations offer a cost estimate upon request, yet less than 25% of patients request one
Patients and providers think differently when it comes to healthcare billing and payments, according to a national Navicure survey.
4. 10 costs for health systems to target as the ax hangs over the ACA
Igor Belokrinitsky, principal with Strategy&, shares 10 line items he recommends hospitals and health systems scrutinize in the coming months, as well as four actions that set successful cost reduction initiatives apart.
5. Certive Solutions releases operating results, Riverside Partners acquires Medical Reimbursement of America & more — 7 RCM key notes
Here are seven recent updates on revenue cycle management companies.
More articles on healthcare finance:
19 recent hospital outlook and credit rating actions
S&P revises University Medical Center of El Paso's outlook to negative
S&P revises Good Shepherd Health System's rating to 'A' on bonds
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.