Doctor On Demand and Humana launch new health plan

After their recent partnership, telemedicine provider Doctor On Demand and Humana are launching a new health plan called On Hand, which is focused on comprehensive virtual primary care.

"We resolve roughly 92 percent of cases [virtually]," Doctor On Demand CEO Hill Ferguson told Jim Cramer on CNBC's Mad Money. "For that remaining 8 percent with this new plan design, we will be leveraging Humana's network [of] specialists and other facilities." 

Through On Hand, patients will have access to physicians without making physical trips to clinics at significantly lower monthly premiums. For employers and members who select On Hand as their primary care plan, they will receive access to a plethora of in-network virtual care services.

Like traditional healthcare models, patients will have one dedicated primary care physician as well as access to preventive care, urgent care and behavioral health, all through video.

Patients will be able to see their digital health records and control what information gets shared. Virtually, physicians can make referrals for in-patient visits, which will stay within Humana's network.

The new health plan aims at offering lower-premium costs that are significantly less than the average standard plan. Doctor On Demand has a $0 copay for physician visits and a $5 copay for common labs and prescriptions.

Copyright © 2022 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.


Featured Whitepapers

Featured Webinars