Fire at University of Michigan Health System injures patient

Listen
Text
  • Small
  • Medium
  • Large

A fire in a procedure room at Ann Arbor-based University of Michigan Health System's cardiovascular center injured a patient, according to a report from The Ann Arbor News.

The patient had been cardioverted while having an operation, and that caused an arc which led to a curtain catching on fire, according to the report. Hospital employees put the fire out, but it left the patient in the hospital.

"We are investigating what happened and until that is complete, it would not be appropriate to speculate," a spokeswoman from U-M Health System told The Ann Arbor News.

The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration has launched an investigation into the incident.

Copyright © 2021 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.

 

Featured Whitepapers

Featured Webinars