92% of workloads to be processed on cloud data centers by 2020: 5 things to know

The use of cloud computing is expected to increase in the coming years, according to a Cisco report.

Here are five things to know about the report's predictions through 2020:

1. Data center workloads are projected to increase 2.6-fold; cloud data center workloads are projected to increase 3.2-fold.

2. The workload per physical server for cloud data centers was 7.3 in 2015; it is expected to grow to 11.9. The workload per physical server for traditional data centers was 2.2 in 2015; it is expected to grow to 3.5.

3. Only 8 percent of workloads are expected to be processed by traditional data centers; 92 percent will be processed by cloud data centers.

4. Of workloads processed by cloud data centers, 68 percent will be in public centers; the remaining 32 percent will be private centers.

5. When considering the delivery models of workloads processed by cloud data centers, 74 percent will be software-as-a-service workloads; 17 percent will be infrastructure-as-a-service workloads; 8 percent will be platform-as-a-service workloads.

More articles on health IT:
AMA adopts guiding principles for physician use of mobile health apps
Survey: Average salary for health IT professionals hits $93k; gender gap increases
Homeland Security releases guidance for IoT security: manage vulnerabilities, promote transparency

© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2019. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.

 

Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months