1. Houston physician sentenced to prison for $17M billing fraud Full story
2. 32 hospitals have filed for bankruptcy this year Full story
3. UnitedHealth: Move routine imaging out of hospital, lower spending by 62% Full story
4. Planning for 2021 looks like nothing we've seen before. Click here to join healthcare execs as they share their revenue cycle strategies for the new year.
5. 16 hospitals, health systems seeking Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, Meditech talent Full story
6. Patient shot at Los Angeles hospital has died Full story
7. Medicare overpaid hospitals for defunct heart devices, inspector general says Full story
8. Help your patients feel safe when returning for care they delayed by employing these action items. Click here for a roadmap to recovery.
9. 47 hospitals postponing elective procedures amid the COVID-19 resurgence Full story
10. M Health Fairview closes 137-year-old St. Paul hospital, to become homeless shelter Full story
11. BCBS of North Carolina extends COVID-19 cost-sharing waivers, virtual visit payment into 2021 Full story
12. The butterfly effect and denials prevention — How Magnolia Regional Health Center reduced denials by 50 percent. Click here to view the on-demand presentation.
13. 6 recent hospital, health system executive resignations Full story
14. Memorial Sloan Kettering's operating loss reaches $453M Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What can a survey of 1,000 healthcare consumers and 75 health plan executives tell us about the shift to home-based healthcare in 2020 and beyond. Click here to find out.
2. Don't risk putting off archiving legacy systems. Click here to learn how to do it efficiently and remain in compliance.
3. Do you really know what patients think about your services? Find out why feedback technology is lacking in healthcare and how to get the kind of responses that will lead to better outcomes.