1. 12 physicians sentenced in $250M billing fraud scheme Full story
2. NYC Health + Hospitals plans 874 layoffs when universal contract tracing ends Full story
3. 5 medical bills making news Full story
4. Leadership panel: 4 influential women discuss their career paths, tackling imposter syndrome + the state of gender equity in healthcare tech. Click here.
5. HHS working with health systems to launch single patient login for health portals Full story
6. MyMichigan Health CEO Dr. Diane Postler-Slattery, husband die in plane crash Full story
7. Anthem plans to change name, rebrand Full story
8. BCBS of Georgia to end 'avoidable ER' program Full story
9. As coding requirements evolve, so should your revenue cycle. Learn how partnerships can ease the lift and elevate your game.
10. Epic launches software geared toward independent physicians Full story
11. Providence's annual operating loss swells to $714M Full story
12. Washington Legislature passes bill to expand charity care Full story
13. Managing denials takes too much time often for too few results. Learn how providers are using automation to prioritize workflow + capture lost revenue.
14. House passes spending bill that cuts $15.6B in pandemic aid Full story
15. Omicron subvariant prevalence, by state Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Payers are uniquely positioned to address social determinants of health through data. Click here for 6 places to start.
2. Hospital apps often fail, leaving patients disengaged and looking elsewhere for care. Here's how hospitals can drive revenue through digital companionship, data insights and flexibility.
3. Communication breakdowns cost hospitals $11.2 billion annually. Is your scheduling solution costing you? Learn more.