1. 10 prescription drugs Medicare spent most on in 2020: AARP Full story
2. Iowa pharmacy board sanctions 3 Walgreens stores for hiring practice violations Full story
3. Pfizer starts trial testing Paxlovid in children Full story
4. Are your specialty pharmacy services driving strategic growth? They are for these two health systems. Click here to learn how.
5. 10 hospitals seeking pharmacy leaders Full story
6. NYC Health + Hospitals plans 874 layoffs when universal contact tracing ends Full story
7. When COVID-19 disrupts hospital safety, the best bounce back. Here's what hospital executives have learned so far and what they're still watching.
8. MyMichigan Health CEO Dr. Diane Postler-Slattery, husband die in plane crash Full story
9. 72 organizations urge the DEA to allow controlled substances to be prescribed via telemedicine Full story
10. St. Mary's Medical Center opens new pharmacy Full story
11. 99% of infusion centers haven't tried this strategy to alleviate staffing shortages. Click here to learn more.
12. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The nation’s first evidence-based ERAS cardiac program improves clinical, operational, and financial outcomes, and increases patient and surgeon satisfaction.
2. Patient no-shows cost the healthcare industry billions every year. See the 7 most common reasons patients skip appointments and how to address them here.
3. America's behavioral health and chronic disease crises are rising in tandem — they cannot be solved separately. Click here to learn how the mind-body connection should inform care management.