1. 10 health IT acquisitions over $100M in 2020 Full story
2. Highmark, Google Cloud sign 6-year partnership deal: 5 details Full story
3. The CIO's transformational role: 3 execs share how the position has evolved to 'COO by proxy' Full story
4. Back to school: How Children's Health in Dallas is using virtual care to support students, parents & faculty. Click here to attend the live discussion.
5. COVID-19 hospitalizations triple September numbers; Pfizer vaccine vials contain extra doses, FDA says — 9 updates Full story
6. Verily raises $700M to expand population health, clinical care platforms Full story
7. 16 hospitals, health systems seeking Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, Meditech talent Full story
8. Kaiser physicians can order digital health apps for patients through EHR Full story
9. 3 Must Reads
- Don't risk putting off archiving legacy systems. Click here to learn how to do it quickly and securely using today’s Cloud technologies.
- What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
- How well are you really communicating with patients today? Click here for 10 strategies to better reach patients and improve care.
10. Intermountain, UnitedHealthcare launch ACO Full story
11. Fortune 500 companies', federal data exposed in hack of Texas software company Full story
12. How Mass General Brigham is combating cyberattacks Full story
13. Meditech's year in review: 5 most-read stories in 2020 Full story
14. A roadmap to EMR optimization — insights from UW Health. Click here to watch the virtual presentation.
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Does your health system have a digital engagement strategy that coincides with its transformation goals? Download this whitepaper to learn how Bon Secours Mercy Health formulated its digital backbone.
2. 1/3 of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.
3. What do Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian and Hackensack University Medical Center have in common? A commitment to surgical excellence. Click here to read more.