1. HHS proposes HIPAA changes: 7 things to know Full story
2. Amazon seeks to train 29 million for cloud-computing jobs in next 4 years Full story
3. Dr. Michael Pfeffer: How UCLA Health's IT organization will evolve in 2021 Full story
4. Anticipate patient needs in 2020 to thrive in a rapidly evolving healthcare landscape. Join this virtual discussion for more on transforming the patient experience.
5. FDA vaccine committee votes to endorse Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine Full story
6. Providence creates real-time COVID-19 map to show infection outbreaks among patient neighborhoods Full story
7. Colorado hospital reports data breach after surveyor loses storage device: 3 notes Full story
8. From the COVID-19 front lines: What healthcare workers want their leaders to know Full story
9. Don't miss these 3 must reads
- Still calling you patients? Click here to find out why texting them will bring about better results for your practice.
- Is your health system in compliance with the new CMS Condition of Participation? Click here for a compliance checklist and to find out if you meet minimum requirements.
- Are you still capturing informed consent on paper? Find out how going mobile improves workflow, improves patient satisfaction.
10. Cerner sets sights on data liquidity, easing IT burden on clinicians in next-generation tech Full story
11. Kentucky health system says coding glitch doubled hospital's COVID-19 patient count Full story
12. 5 recent studies exploring AI in healthcare Full story
13. Allscripts' year in review: 5 biggest stories in 2020 Full story
14. Chronic conditions can be controlled with better management. Learn how one health system took a whole-person approach and achieved results.
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 1/3 of primary care physicians aren't notified when their patient is hospitalized. Click here to learn how to drive down readmissions through better communication.
2. Effortless interoperability in the era of virtual care — tips for health system leaders. Click here to read more.
3. How well does your organization understand consumer attitudes toward telehealth? Download this ebook to better understand why patients are accepting or not accepting virtual care options.