1. Biden forms special 52-person COVID transition team Full story
2. Providence to develop voice-enabled platform with Nuance in new collab: 5 details Full story
3. Atlantic Health System names new CIO Full story
4. Are you prepared to reduce capital spending on equipment cutting operational costs? Click here to learn strategies regarding total cost of ownership.
5. KLAS: Epic, Cerner lead in interoperability for EHRs Full story
6. COVID-19 task force absent from spotlight amid worsening pandemic Full story
7. Clapping back at cyberattacks: How UMass Memorial balances heightened email security with operational efficiency Full story
8. Arkansas hospital email hack exposes info of 2,945 patients: 4 details Full story
9. Why digital-first patient engagement is a must for healthcare in the 2020s. Click here to hear from two health IT experts on the evolution of patient engagement.
10. VillageMD to open 10 clinics in Atlanta: 5 details Full story
11. Amwell launches virtual visit offerings: 4 notes Full story
12. Mayo Clinic to develop voice-based tools for clinical care with Israeli company: 3 notes Full story
13. VA officials report smooth 1st go-live for $16B Cerner EHR: 4 details on project's next steps Full story
14. EMRs are powerful tools, but they place new demands on clinicians. Click here to reimagine how to manage pain points and to maximize their use.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Crisis management, the cloud and the CIO — A technology-focused overview of healthcare's rapid response to COVID-19.
2. The solution to patient hesitancy: How remote intake can help increase volumes without crowding the waiting room. Click here to read more.
3. Activate clinicians and cut preventable readmission by 18% with quicker communication. Click here to learn how.