1. Top 20 smart hospitals in the world, per Newsweek Full story
2. 3 Iranian nationals charged in thwarted cyberattack on Boston Children's Hospital Full story
3. Oracle's plan to 'modernize' Cerner Full story
4. Over half of CIOs say their systems need security improvements. Minimize the risk of data breaches with these 7 tips.
5. Iowa health system receives $753K grant for Epic EHR install Full story
6. Not always the CIO: Who chief information security officers most often report to Full story
7. VA to use Amazon Web Services to help Oracle Cerner transition Full story
8. Pressure injuries are still affecting 2.5 million patients a year. Experts review new findings to help hospitals cut the risk and cost burden here.
9. Allstate hires former CVS Health chief tech officer for new CIO role Full story
10. Texas Health Resources launches acute-care-at-home program Full story
11. Amwell adds to tech leadership team Full story
12. Cyberattacks related to third party vendors are common in healthcare. Identify blindspots in vendor access management with tips from this discussion.
13. Gameto raises $17M Full story
14. Feds warn about security risks associated with emerging health tech Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A disconnected health system is a dysfunctional one. Get tips from Optum on how to implement a connected care approach.
2. Hospitals need high-performing EHRs, but many can't afford to upgrade to a new system amid crushing margin pressure. Click here to learn how to keep your hospital EHR in peak condition without burdensome costs.
3. Healthcare providers are falling behind and losing revenue with archaic, paper-heavy software. Here's how one organization cut report generating to less than 5 minutes.