1. Amazon to cut 395 healthcare jobs Full story
2. Wyoming health system switches to Oracle Cerner EHR Full story
3. Texas hospital hit by ransomware attack Full story
4. Hospital-at-home will fail without effective patient monitoring. See how Northwell and 3 other systems are leveling up this capability here.
5. Verily gets $1B for precision medicine Full story
6. Banner Health's big bet on population health Full story
7. GE Healthcare to spin off in January Full story
8. What do half of the hospitals on U.S. News Honor Roll have in common? They're getting smart about data. Here's how.
9. BHSH System cuts 400 positions amid financial pressures Full story
10. Most in-demand IT skills Full story
11. 5 health systems launching hospital-at-home programs Full story
12. Join your colleagues in sharing your insights on telehealth and virtual care strategy for hospitals and health systems. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this 10 minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
13. CytoSorbents wins $2M Defense Department award Full story
14. Genome Medical lays off 23 employees; founder exits Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A disconnected health system is a dysfunctional one. Get tips from Optum on how to implement a connected care approach.
2. Few healthcare companies can efficiently adapt in today's environment. Get 3 steps to strengthen organizational agility here.
3. Healthcare providers are falling behind and losing revenue with archaic, paper-heavy software. Here's how one organization cut report generating to less than 5 minutes.