1. 5 questions hospital CIOs need answered & why Full story
2. Data gaps in 20+ states blinded leaders to threat of delta variant, officials say Full story
3. 50 states ranked from healthiest to unhealthiest Full story
4. Elective surgery pauses are back. See how Spectrum, St Michael's Ambulatory Surgery are managing backlogs and preparing for future disruptions here.
5. CommonSpirit, Google Cloud partner on employee collaboration platform Full story
6. Vaccine passports: 7 states with digital credentials & 21 states with bans Full story
7. Massachusetts hospital sued over February ransomware attack after paying hackers to restore data Full story
8. No ivermectin for COVID-19, emergency physicians warn Full story
9. Children's Health in Dallas changed its rooms to combat the pediatric mental health crisis — Click here to learn how.
10. 5 CIOs on which IT they're investing the most into next year Full story
11. Telemedicine startup 98point6 CEO abruptly departs Full story
12. From diabetes to fertility: 6 things to know about Apple's plans for its watch Full story
13. The hospitalist and the health system — How these 3 organizations are managing costs and improving productivity without burdening physicians.
14. Unvaccinated Americans shouldn't travel for Labor Day, all Americans should wear masks indoors: CDC Full story
15. 9 health IT acquisitions in the past 30 days: Amwell, Verily & more Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Learn how point-of-order advice on every test kept this Illinois system from overordering.
2. The shift to value continues — with hospital construction. See how your facility can take a value-based approach to renovations and more in this 4-page guide.
3. What's AI's next act in healthcare? Click here to learn how hospitals are already implementing the next phase.