1. Ascension's technology business to lay off 651 employees Full story
2. Scripps Health shuts down IT systems, reschedules some appointments amid cyberattack Full story
3. Buffett on failed Haven venture: The 'tapeworm won' Full story
4. Your IT experts should be innovators, not firefighters. Learn how to get in front of problems with one management system.
5. Tennessee hospital still behind on paychecks, relying more on outside staff, employees say Full story
6. Amid digital health boom, customers question what's essential vs. commodity Full story
7. Is your hospital getting the most out of its AI-powered tools? Click here to learn the 5 stages clinical digital assistants need to become truly ambient.
8. 18 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
9. Washington hospital employee charged with stealing the identity of 39 patients Full story
10. HCA to sell 4 Georgia hospitals for $950M
11. Physician well-being is a top priority. Click here for 6 strategies to reduce burnout from Scripps and Monarch Health.
12. COVID-19 hospitalizations down 10% nationwide: 11 CDC stats to know Full story
13. The best way for hospitals to avoid revenue loss: 2 execs weigh in Full story
14. Shriners Hospitals, Georgia Tech tackle big data, precision medicine with new innovation program Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 53% of healthcare organizations plan on diversifying telehealth services, but how are they funding the advancements? Click here for insight from this short report.
2. Consumer expectations dramatically shifted during the pandemic. Learn what CEOs know about engaging them going forward. Click here for the report.
3. Over 75% of healthcare execs are failing to use APIs at scale. Click here to learn how to effectively embrace the technology.