1. How UnitedHealth plans to make Optum a $100B business Full story
2. DOJ creates ransomware task force after 'worst year ever': 6 things to know Full story
3. Maine health system sued over breach that exposed info of 657,000 people Full story
4. Healthcare workers need real-time access to tools and information to excel. A better digital employee experience is possible. Click here to get started.
5. Forbes' top 27 hospitals for diversity Full story
6. Employee who diverted patient blood samples, stole PHI fired, Florida medical group says Full story
7. These 5 messages could sway vaccine-hesitant Americans Full story
8. 6 recent big tech partnerships in healthcare: Amazon, Google & more Full story
9. Puerto Rico's largest insurer has an ED diversion rate that's 5 times higher than average. Learn how here.
10. Kaiser to pay $11.5M to settle racial discrimination class-action suit Full story
11. New health plans that track internet activity face federal litigation Full story
12. Maine may be facing 'syndemic,' top health official says Full story
13. Manual processes fail in the work from home era. Learn how to cultivate a robust digital strategy and boost clinician engagement with tips from this whitepaper. Download here.
14. Employee benefits tech firm Accolade to acquire virtual care startup for $450M Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Physician well-being is a top priority. Click here for 6 strategies to reduce burnout from Scripps and Monarch Health.
2. The simple solutions providers are using to uncomplicate patient referrals — click here for insight from the brief report.
3. The surprising reasons people are avoiding COVID-19 vaccines. Click here to learn how to overcome their objections and reach those taking a wait-and-see approach.