1. Venture investment strategies from Northwell, UPMC, OSF + more Full story
2. More Americans are quitting — and job openings hit record high Full story
3. Amazon's PillPack to pay $5.8M for insulin overbilling Full story
4. Patient experience is in crisis. See how hospitals and payers are delivering more meaningful experiences by unifying disparate data here.
5. California hospital rebrands to reflect Cedars-Sinai affiliation Full story
6. CVS Health names new chief medical officer, senior VP Full story
7. Google allows blocks on targeted ads for some sensitive health issues Full story
8. 5 reasons why marketing execs are returning to traditional methods Full story
9. The key to reducing costs? A strategy that bridges payers and hospitals within an IDN. Here's how UPMC used virtual care to combat staff shortages and drive revenue.
10. Nicklaus Children's rolls out wayfinding app Full story
11. 5 recent healthcare marketing campaigns Full story
12. 9 hospitals planning upgrades, expansions Full story
13. Verily invests in startup building AI for health system call centers Full story
14. Put your EMR data to good use. Seattle Children's did and expanded OR capacity by 2,500 hours in 1 year.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare loses $10B annually in administrative costs due to low health literacy and rising complexity cost — learn how hospitals can move forward by downloading the Trends in Healthcare Payments Annual Report.
2. Trauma centers save lives but often lose money. Learn the 5 steps needed to stay in the black.
3. HAIs are skyrocketing, but one 426-bed hospital reduced infection and saved $70,000 using this easy-to-apply disinfection strategy.