1. Tennessee loses 3rd hospital this year Full story
2. LifePoint to sell Washington hospital Full story
3. Spoiled COVID-19 vaccine doses at Wisconsin hospital 'intentionally' left out Full story
4. Hospital outreach plays a crucial role in the fight against vaccine hesitancy. Click here to attend a live virtual discussion and hear first-hand what leading systems are doing to reach the most vulnerable.
5. Healthcare billing fraud: 12 latest lawsuits, settlements Full story
6. CarePoint inks deal to sell 2 New Jersey hospitals Full story
7. Banner Health halts elective surgeries Full story
8. 'Terrible, no good year for rural health': Why healthcare leaders are leaving small-town America Full story
9. Helpful retirement plan remedies for hospital executives. Download the whitepaper now.
10. Independent medical groups grew profit before COVID-19 hit Full story
11. COVID-19 variant found in 2nd state; Warp Speed leaders acknowledge slow vaccine rollout — 4 updates Full story
12. Church raises enough to wipe out $21M in medical debt Full story
13. 3 Must Reads:
- Right drug, wrong dose? Why adjustments must be made for kidney function. Click here to read more.
- Agility is the key to pivoting critical operations during the pandemic. This report explores the role information plays in your health system and how it informs your decisions.
- Deceased patients and their families deserve compassionate and efficient care. Click here to learn how to eliminate errors and enhance workflows in processing patients after death.
14. For-profit hospital M&A update: 14 deals involving CHS, Tenet and HCA Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Does your health system have a digital engagement strategy that coincides with its transformation goals? Download this whitepaper to learn how Bon Secours Mercy Health formulated its digital backbone.
2. Does your organization have a digital, frictionless billing and payment system? Download this whitepaper to learn how to innovate the patient financial experience.
3. Download this whitepaper to learn how pediatric hospitals can recover from the pandemic and take advantage of CMS’ increased reimbursement rates by expanding telehealth.