1. 73-year-old Georgia hospital closes Full story
2. CMS to delay start of radiation oncology payment model Full story
3. California county board fires Alameda Health trustees weeks after strike Full story
4. Digitizing your healthcare system's processes can help decrease labor costs and increase revenue. Click here to find out how.
5. White House looks at cutting COVID-19 aid in 4 'anarchist' cities Full story
6. Healthgrades' 214 top hospitals for critical care 2021 Full story
7. Northwell unveils $500M investment into South Shore University Hospital Full story
8. A motorized hinge table can make spine surgery safer and improve quality. Click here to learn more.
9. CentraState Healthcare to join Atlantic Health Full story
10. Hospitals fail to tell uninsured COVID-19 patients their bills are covered, NPR finds Full story
11. CHI St. Luke's threatens split with Molina, 2nd insurer this week Full story
12. Risk profiling and the COVID-19 patient backlog — hear from CMO Dr. Mohammed Saeed during this on-demand virtual discussion.
13. 5,300 physicians, scientists: Herd immunity as virus management is a 'dangerous fallacy' Full story
14. 16 states see record COVID-19 hospitalizations; CDC expands definition of 'close contact' — 6 updates Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Not getting the most out of your organization's surgical service lines? This report outlines the three things you need to recalibrate your delivery of high-quality care.
2. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.
3. 10 plays to overcome 2020 financial challenges and return to profitability. Click here to read the hospital executive playbook.