1. CMS pitches physician payment rule for 2023: 7 things to know Full story
2. OhioHealth to eliminate 637 jobs, its biggest layoff ever Full story
3. Kentucky hospital gives patients gas cards to curb cancellations Full story
4. Patients with payment options are more likely to pay their bills. Discover why price transparency and the right payment tools matter.
5. HHS releases $142M in provider relief: Breakdown by state Full story
6. West Virginia hospital to pay $1.5M to resolve alleged Stark Law violations Full story
7. 69% of hospitals rely on vendor solutions that could exacerbate revenue leakage. Set a new course for financial excellence here.
8. 5 states most people moved to, left since 2020 Full story
9. Man charged with shooting into Florida hospital Full story
10. FTC reportedly seeking employee wage information for proposed LHC Group, UnitedHealth deal Full story
11. Healthcare's double whammy: Inflation during a pandemic. Understand how the best hospitals can achieve growth while cutting costs.
12. Pennsylvania hospital workers win contract with up to 26% raises over 3 years Full story
13. Cleveland Clinic adds direct-to-employer programs Full story
14. 20% of adults say they've received a surprise medical bill despite ban Full story
15. Jefferson Health boosts staffing flexibility with 'Nursing SEAL Team' Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A 350-bed hospital can gain $22 million in annual revenue by focusing on financial performance rather than managing revenue cycle costs — here's how your health system can standardize RCM and focus on what's really important.
2. The cost of in-office procedures is rising. See how leading ENT practices are reining them in, while still expanding care here.
3. Let your RNs work at the top of their license. Learn how Ochsner Health + Saint Luke's benefited from virtual nursing.