1. 'I only see the potential for massive financial loss': Former Spectrum CFO doubts value of Beaumont merger Full story
2. White House preps order that could affect healthcare giants Full story
3. Connecticut physician ordered to pay $15M in billing fraud case Full story
4. Apps are great, but they won't improve patients' experience on their own. Learn the other key elements needed to shore up digital patient engagement strategies during this discussion.
5. 'It'd be catastrophic': Dallas-area hospitals could lose $1.1B annually without Medicaid waiver, healthcare group warns Full story
6. 10 hospitals seeking CFOs Full story
7. Oregon, Washington hospital beds in short supply amid heat wave Full story
8. Merger creates academic health system in Oklahoma Full story
9. Break down imaging silos for good. Industry experts share 5 tips for building a cost-effective, clinician-friendly imaging ecosystem here.
10. COVID-19 surges and influx of younger, unvaccinated patients reported at some Missouri hospitals Full story
11. Tech budgets expected to grow, with bump in software spending Full story
12. California hospital beats suit over ER fee nondisclosure Full story
13. Many hospitals are still not fully compliant with price transparency requirements. Avoid penalties with tips from this virtual discussion.
14. 25 healthiest communities in the US Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 10 best practices to solve last-mile vaccine management + more tips to address healthcare's biggest workflow challenges today and tomorrow. Click here to download the guide.
2. Early connection with patients saves money in the long run. Learn how to best collect payment from all sources in this guide.
3. COVID-19 underscored the dynamic nature of clinical care evolution. Click here to get your hands on current best practices faster.