1. 7 hospitals laying off workers Full story
2. ScionHealth CFO: Launch of 79-hospital system presents wealth of opportunities Full story
3. 441 rural hospitals at risk of losing services or closing Full story
4. Better data leads to better decisions. Learn how enterprise performance management systems benefit Cleveland Clinic + Intermountain.
5. UMass Memorial Health eyes deal with Massachusetts system Full story
6. 6 recent hospital, health system CEO moves Full story
7. Hospital workers are fleeing high housing costs: Where are they moving? Full story
8. 5 highest-paying physician specialties Full story
9. Labor and supply costs are poised to hammer hospital margins again in the remainder of 2022. AdventHealth and Mount Nittany Health System have unlocked savings to help weather the storm. Here's how.
10. Louisiana exec picked for top job at Florida health system Full story
11. More Americans are quitting — and job openings hit record high Full story
12. Hospital M&A: 9 recent deals Full story
13. 70% of revenue cycle leaders look to automation to mitigate payment delays and staffing challenges. Here's how two execs are using RCM technology to streamline growth.
14. UNC Health, North Carolina system get green light to affiliate Full story
15. 10 best, worst states for nurses Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Not all hospital-at-home programs are created equally. The best ones leverage AI to advance patient outcome improvements + lower costs. Here's how AI is driving program success.
2. MD Anderson, Cedars-Sinai and 3 other systems slashed length of stay for patients with bloodstream infections. See how the systems are optimizing antimicrobial utilization and improving outcomes here.
3. 85% of health insurance costs relate to chronic conditions. Here are 3 strategies to craft prevention programs that actually work.