1. 9 hospitals laying off workers Full story
2. Tenet must pay whistleblowing cardiologists $10M, court rules Full story
3. Startup to sell at-home COVID-19 tests through vending machines Full story
4. New surprise billing regs raise questions for providers. Click here for answers.
5. Former Massachusetts healthcare executive charged in $100M fraud scheme Full story
6. Health policy expert front-runner for top CMS job, Politico reports Full story
7. Hospital M&A: 12 recent deals Full story
8. Washington church raises enough to erase $30M in medical debt Full story
9. It costs a minimum of $25 each time an outpatient claim needs to be resolved. Click here to learn how to improve your outpatient hospital claim strategy and drive more revenue.
10. Young, middle-aged adults biggest COVID-19 spreaders, study finds Full story
11. Low reimbursements have some physicians stopping COVID-19 testing Full story
12. Humana loses $274M in Q4 Full story
13. Put 2020's volatility in the past. Learn how to better navigate canceled electives and manage your surgery backlog here.
14. COVID-19 precautions + the Super Bowl: 7 things to know Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Cutting headcount alone won't transform costs. Read this eBook to learn what models are actually working for executives from 9 systems.
2. Tackle healthcare's most pressing challenges with precision health. Gain insight on how with strategies from this eBook.
3. 80% of CNOs have trouble recruiting nurses. Click here to find out how a national licensing model would help.