1. Chicago, Los Angeles hospitals slated to close Full story
2. Mass General abandons acquisition of New Hampshire hospital Full story
3. 'I do regret being there': California physician joined in storming the Capitol Full story
4. Was your hospital affected by mass cancellations of nonurgent procedures in 2020? Click here to learn how to better manage the surgery backlog in 2021.
5. CMS has started price transparency compliance audits: 6 things to know Full story
6. Most successful vaccine rollouts in US: 4 state strategies Full story
7. Former CFO of healthcare staffing agency pleads guilty to aiding tax evasion Full story
8. Health officials investigating death of Miami physician shortly after getting Pfizer vaccine Full story
9. Don't Miss Learning Opportunities:
- The bridge between the consumer experience clinical care — How Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is engaged patients and detecting cancer early. Click here to attend the virtual event.
- 49% of patients would consider switching doctors over a poor payment experience. Click here to learn about better billing.
- The healthcare real estate landscape is changing: 3 trends and 1 investment strategy all physician owners should know. Click here to read the guide.
10. 7 healthcare transactions were megamergers in 2020 Full story
11. Amazon offers saliva-based at-home COVID-19 test: 4 things to know Full story
12. 22 nonprofit hospitals hit with credit downgrades last year, Fitch says Full story
13. How the nation's largest outpatient provider transformed its supply chain amid the pandemic. Click here to attend the live virtual discussion.
14. Walgreens to launch credit, debit cards Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The pursuit of surgical excellence at St. Elizabeth Healthcare. Click here to read more.
2. Does your health system have a digital engagement strategy that coincides with its transformation goals? Download this whitepaper to learn how Bon Secours Mercy Health formulated its digital backbone.
3. What can CFOs learn from an analysis of more than 100M hospital transactions? Click here to read the 2020 Denials Index.