20 hospitals with the most discharges
Here are the 20 U.S. hospitals with the most annual discharges.
This list is based on data from the American Hospital Directory. Data was accessed Jan. 30.
In some cases, figures may include discharges from affiliated facilities that share a provider number with the main hospital. Those facilities are identified in footnotes. An asterisk signifies the hospital self reported its annual number of discharges.
Note: This list was revised on Feb. 6.
- Montefiore Hospital - Moses Campus (New York City) — 86,5481
- Orlando Regional Medical Center— 84,4672
- Methodist Hospital (San Antonio) — 76,7153
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital (Houston) — 69,9654
- Yale-New Haven (Conn.) Hospital — 69,0365
- Norton Hospital (Louisville, Ky.) — 68,6396
- Carondelet Saint Mary's Hospital (Tucson, Ariz.) — 64,0927
- Baptist Medical Center — 63,854 (San Antonio)8
- Methodist University Hospital (Memphis, Tenn.) — 62,3629
- Beaumont Hospital - Royal Oak (Mich.) — 59,838*
- Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital (Grand Rapids, Mich.) — 58,62710
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center (New York City) — 56,21111
- Carolinas Medical Center (Charlotte, N.C.) — 56,00312
- Saint Joseph's Hospital (Tampa, Fla.) — 54,98113
- Buffalo (N.Y.) General Medical Center — 54,27714
- The Cleveland Clinic — 53,510
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles) — 53,087
- University of Pittsburgh (Pa.) Medical Center Presbyterian — 52,95015
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, Mo.) — 52,728
- UF Health Shands at the University of Florida (Gainesville) — 52,27116
Please contact Mackenzie Bean at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this list.
 Data for this facility includes information for The Children's Hospital at Montefiore, the Montefiore Medical Center - Weiler Division Hospital, Montefiore Medical Center - North Division Hospital and Montefiore Westchester Square Campus.
 Data for this facility includes information for the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, the MD Anderson Cancer Center Orlando, the Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, Lucerne Hospital, South Seminole Hospital and Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies.
 Data for this facility includes information for the Methodist Children's Hospital of South Texas, the Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, the Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital and the Northeast Methodist Hospital.
 Data for this facility include information for Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital, Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital and Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital.
 Data for this facility includes information for Yale-New Haven Psychiatric Hospital, Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital, Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven and the Yale New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus.
 Data for this facility includes information for Norton Children's Hospital, Norton Audubon Hospital, Norton Women's & Children's Hospital and Norton Brownsboro Hospital.
 Data for this facility includes information for Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute.
 Information for this facility includes data for North Central Baptist Hospital, Northeast Baptist Hospital, Mission Trail Baptist Hospital and Saint Luke's Baptist Hospital.
 Data for this facility include information for Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center, Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital, Methodist North Hospital and Methodist South Hospital.
 Data for this facility include information for Spectrum Health Blodgett Hospital and the Helen DeVos Children's Hospital.
 Data for this facility includes information for The Mount Sinai Hospital of Queens.
 Data for this facility includes the Carolinas Medical Center-Randolph.
 Data for this facility include information for Saint Joseph's Women's Hospital, Saint Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa, Saint Joseph's Hospital - North, and Saint Joseph's Hospital – South.
 Data for this facility include information for DeGraff Memorial Hospital, Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital and the Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo.
 Data for this facility includes information for University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Shadyside and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Montefiore.
 Data for this facility includes information for both Shands at Vista and Shands Rehab Hospital.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.