AMA: ICD-10 Impact Assessment Checklist
The American Medical Association released an ICD-10 Checklist to help physician practices make a successful transition by the Oct. 1 deadline.
Here are 11 things the AMA recommends to do when assessing the impact ICD-10 will have on a physician practice.
• Create a list of all electronic systems and work flow processes that use ICD-9
• Create a list of vendor contact information
• Identify all staff who work with ICD-9
• Identify all possible work flow changes that will be need to switch to ICD-10
• Identify the practice's billing service, if applicable
• Identify the practice's clearinghouse(s)
• Identify a contact for each of the practice's payers
• Contact vendors to determine their ICD-10 implementation plans
• Contact the practice's billing service, if applicable, to identify their ICD-10 implementation plans
• Contact payers to determine their ICD-10 implementation plans
• Identify any internal work flow processes that will need to be changed for ICD-10
More Articles on ICD-10:
5 Best Practices for ICD-10 Physician Education From Crozer-Keystone Health System
5 Recent Stories on ICD-10
CMS Administrator Reiterates ICD-10 Deadline
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review