20 Recent Hospital Mergers & Acquisitions
1. E.J. Noble Hospital in New York Enters Management Contract With Canton-Potsdam Hospital
E.J. Noble Hospital in Gouverneur, N.Y., entered into a management contract with Canton-Potsdam (N.Y.) Hospital.
2. Fletcher Allen Partners' Merger With 2 N.Y. Hospitals Receives State Approval
The New York State Department of Health approved the affiliation between Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital Medical Center in Plattsburgh, N.Y., Elizabethtown (N.Y.) Community Hospital and Fletcher Allen Partners in Burlington, Vt.
3. Ardent Health Joint Venture Finalizes Purchase of BSA Health System in Texas
Ardent Health Services, a for-profit health system based in Nashville, Tenn., and Amarillo, Texas-based Baptist Community Services finalized their purchase of Baptist St. Anthony's Health System, also in Amarillo.
4. Verdugo Hills Hospital, USC Keck Medical Center Continue Merger Discussions
Although officials at Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale, Calif., hoped to complete its merger discussions with University of Southern California's Keck Medical Center in Los Angeles by the end of 2012, the talks are behind schedule.
5. Prime Healthcare Foundation Makes 2 Non-Profit Hospital Transactions
Prime Healthcare Services in Ontario, Calif., donated Huntington Beach (Calif.) Hospital to its non-profit affiliate Prime Healthcare Foundation, and in a separate transaction, Prime Healthcare Foundation obtained a controlling interest in Knapp Medical Center in Weslaco, Texas.
6. Care New England Health, Memorial Hospital Reach Affiliation Agreement
Care New England Health System in Providence, R.I., and Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island in Pawtucket reached a definitive agreement to establish Memorial Hospital as a partner in the CNE system.
7. Integris Becomes Majority Owner of Oklahoma's Lakeside Women's Hospital
Integris Health announced it is the majority owner of Lakeside Women's Hospital, both of which are based in Oklahoma City.
8. HealthPartners, Park Nicollet Complete Merger
A new integrated health system was finalized in Minnesota, as HealthPartners in Bloomington, Minn., and Park Nicollet Health Services in St. Louis Park, Minn., completed their merger agreement.
9. LifePoint-Norton Healthcare Joint Venture Finalizes Scott Memorial Acquisition
The Regional Health Network of Kentucky and Southern Indiana, a joint venture of Louisville, Ky.-based Norton Healthcare and Brentwood, Tenn.-based LifePoint Hospitals, finalized its acquisition of Scott Memorial Hospital in Scottsburg, Ind.
10. University of Colorado Health, Ivinson Memorial in Wyoming Affiliate
As of Jan. 1, Ivinson Memorial Hospital in Laramie, Wyo., is an affiliated hospital of the newly formed University of Colorado Health, based in Aurora.
11. Licking Memorial Health System Completes Acquisition of Medical Center of Newark
Licking Memorial Health System in Newark, Ohio, completed the purchase of Medical Center of Newark, a 20-bed physician-owned hospital.
12. Ascension Health Affiliates With 6 Daughters of Charity Hospitals in California
St. Louis-based Ascension Health and Los Altos, Calif.-based Daughters of Charity Health System signed a formal affiliation agreement, under which Daughters of Charity's six hospitals will operate under the largest Catholic health system in the country.
13. Highmark to Finalize Purchase of St. Vincent Health in Early 2013
Pittsburgh-based Highmark, a health insurer, plans to finalize its acquisition of Erie, Pa.-based St. Vincent Health System early in the first quarter of 2013.
14. Bert Fish Medical Center Only Receives 2 Partnership Proposals
New Symrna Beach, Fla.-based Bert Fish Medical Center's Dec. 20 deadline for partnership proposals came and went with only two submissions.
15. Lawrence & Memorial Hospital's Purchase of Westerly Hospital Still Not Final
Although Lawrence & Memorial Hospital in New London, Conn., completed the regulatory filings for its purchase of Westerly (R.I.) Hospital about six weeks ago, the purchase is still waiting regulatory approval.
16. Capella Healthcare Sells its Last Alabama Hospital to Northeast Alabama Regional Medical Center
Northeast Alabama Regional Medical Center in Anniston, Ala., and Franklin, Tenn.-based Capella Healthcare signed a definitive agreement for RMC to acquire Jacksonville (Ala.) Medical Center from Capella.
17. Henry Ford, Beaumont Health Announce Task Force to Guide Merger Integration
Henry Ford Health System in Detroit and Beaumont Health System in Royal Oak, Mich., formed a Merger Integration Task Force to lead the due diligence and integration process for the merger of the two systems.
18. Sound Shore Health System, Westchester Medical Center in NY to Merge
Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, N.Y., and New Rochelle, N.Y.-based Sound Shore Health System made the first steps in forming a corporate merger by signing a memorandum of understanding, allowing them to pursue exclusive talks.
19. Avera to Acquire St. Mary's Healthcare, Gettysburg Medical Center in South Dakota
Avera, a health system based in Sioux Falls, S.D., is acquiring St. Mary's Healthcare Center in Pierre, S.D., as well as its affiliate hospital, Gettysburg (S.D.) Medical Center.
20. University General Health System Completes Purchase of South Hampton Community Hospital
Houston-based University General Health System closed its purchase of South Hampton Community Hospital in Dallas as well as an adjacent, 23,000-square-foot medical office building.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review