15 Recent Hospital Transactions and Partnerships
1. Northstar Health System in Michigan Joins Upper Peninsula Hospital Alliance
Northstar Health System in Iron River, Mich., joined Superior Health Partners, an alliance of hospitals and providers in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
2. Pikeville Medical Center in Kentucky Joins Mayo Clinic Care Network
Pikeville (Ky.) Medical Center became the latest member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, a collaboration in which hospitals and health systems can use Mayo Clinic's expertise in their own communities.
3. Massachusetts to Review Cost Impact of Partners, South Shore Deal
Massachusetts' Health Policy Commission is conducting a cost and impact review of Boston-based Partners HealthCare System's proposed acquisition of South Shore Hospital in Weymouth, Mass., which is already subject of a Department of Justice examination.
4. Port Huron Hospital in Michigan Looks to Sell
Officials announced requests for proposals to potential buyers of Port Huron (Mich.) Hospital will go out this summer, as the 186-bed non-profit community hospital faces declining population and reimbursement trends.
5. Claiborne County Hospital in Tennessee Shops for Buyers
The board of directors at Claiborne County Hospital in Tazewell, Tenn., approved a request for proposal to see what operators would be interested in running the 85-bed hospital and adjacent 100-bed nursing home.
6. County Owners Say 3 Buyers Want Natchez Regional Medical Center in Mississippi
County supervisors for Natchez (Miss.) Regional Medical Center said they hope to persuade the hospital's board of trustees to sell it, claiming they've been contacted by three interested buyers.
7. PinnacleHealth Considers Partnership With J.C. Blair Health System
PinnacleHealth System, a Harrisburg, Pa.-based network with two main acute-care hospitals and a third in the works, entered into exclusive partnership negotiations with J.C. Blair Health System, based in Huntingdon, Pa.
8. Beaumont, Henry Ford Call Off Merger
Citing differences in perspective and vision for a new health system, officials at Detroit-based Henry Ford Health System and Royal Oak, Mich.-based Beaumont Health System ended their merger discussions, which started more than six months ago.
9. SCL Health System Plans Sale of St. John's in California to Providence Health & Services
Denver-based Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System entered into negotiations to sell Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, Calif., to Renton, Wash.-based Providence Health & Services, beating out several high-profile Catholic systems and a local billionaire approved by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
10. University of Washington Medicine, PeaceHealth to Affiliate
Seattle-based University of Washington Medicine and Vancouver, Wash.-based PeaceHealth signed a letter of intent to create a "strategic affiliation."
11. MedWest in North Carolina Explores New Capital Partners
The board of directors of Clyde, N.C.-based MedWest voted to "explore alignment with a capital partner" for the three-hospital system, currently managed by Charlotte, N.C.-based Carolinas HealthCare System.
12. Capella Healthcare Pursues Lease of OCH Regional Medical Center in Mississippi
Franklin, Tenn.-based Capella Healthcare is pursuing a 50-year lease agreement of county-owned OCH Regional Medical Center in Starkville, Miss.
13. Baylor, Scott & White Merger on Pace for June Closing
Executives at Dallas-based Baylor Health Care System and Temple, Texas-based Scott & White Healthcare established a June 30 target date to close on their proposed merger.
14. Dartmouth-Hitchcock, New London Hospitals Submit Affiliation Agreement After 2-Month Delay
Lebanon, N.H.-based Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and New London (N.H.) Hospital submitted their affiliation agreement to the state attorney general's office, two months after hospital officials said they'd hoped to ink the deal and send it for regulatory review.
15. Barnabas Health to Acquire Jersey City Medical Center
Barnabas Health, based in West Orange, N.J., and Jersey City (N.J.) Medical Center signed a definitive agreement in which JCMC would become part of the Barnabas system.
More Articles on Hospital Transactions and Valuations:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.