10 Things to Know About Wenatchee Valley Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Wenatchee Valley Medical Center.
1. Peter Rutherford, MD, serves as chairman of Wenatchee Valley Medical's board of directors.
2. Thomas Carlson, MD, serves as vice chairman of the board of directors.
3. Wenatchee Valley Hospital is a 20-bed facility. The hospital also has clinics in eight communities.
4. The hospital has nearly 300 physicians and mid-level practitioners.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 400 inpatient surgeries, 13,100 outpatient surgeries and 152,000 outpatient visits, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. In 1940, the hospital was founded as Wenatchee Valley Clinic by three physicians.
7. Wenatchee Valley Medical Center's board of directors approved an affiliation with Central Washington Hospital in December 2012.
8. In 2011, the hospital recorded $399.8 million in gross charges and a net income of $5.2 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
9. The hospital is a professional services corporation, owned 100 percent by its physicians. Its governing body is an elected, eight-physician board of directors.
10. The hospital has an affiliation with Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and a cardiac affiliation with Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About King's Daughters Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Venice Regional Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Iredell Memorial Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.