Late last week administrative law judge ruled in favor of a motion by Shands Jacksonville (Fla.) Medical Center and other rival hospitals that the Florida Department of Health’s process for approving trauma centers is flawed. The competing hospitals said the new centers would divert patients from already existing trauma services, according to the report.
While the ruling could jeopardize HCA’s plans, Orange Park CEO Tom Pence said the hospital continues to believe “a significant need exists for a trauma center in our community,” and will await the Department’s final review, according to a statement.
Related Articles on HCA’s Florida Trauma Network:
Florida Judge Rules State’s Approval of New Trauma Programs Flawed; HCA’s Expansion Plans on Hold
Florida’s Shands Jacksonville Says New Trauma Review Process Out-Dated
HCA’s Plan to Create Trauma Network in Florida Meets Resistance
HCA, USF Health Sign Six Year Affiliation Agreement for Trauma Services
At the Becker's 11th Annual IT + Revenue Cycle Conference: The Future of AI & Digital Health, taking place September 14–17 in Chicago, healthcare executives and digital leaders from across the country will come together to explore how AI, interoperability, cybersecurity, and revenue cycle innovation are transforming care delivery, strengthening financial performance, and driving the next era of digital health. Apply for complimentary registration now.