Sponsored by TeleTracking | info@teletracking.com | 1.800.927.0294

Fire forces evacuation of Michigan hospital

Dozens of patients, staff and visitors were evacuated May 15 from Kalamazoo, Mich.-based Bronson Methodist Hospital due to a small fire, according to local news station WWMT-TV.

The cause of the fire was a sterilizer machine that overheated on the second floor of the facility around 11 p.m.

The fire was quickly contained, and people were allowed back into the hospital around 11:30 p.m.

No injuries were reported.

More articles on patient flow:
6 hospitals ending maternity services
Illinois hospital to end inpatient labor, delivery services May 31
Vermont hospital closes 105-year-old birthing unit

© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2019. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.

 

Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months