Man faces federal charge after making bomb threat at Illinois hospital

A 57-year-old man, whose identity has not been released, was charged June 1 with felony disorderly conduct after making a bomb threat at Presence Mercy Medical Center in Aurora, Ill., according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Police said the man told a hospital security guard he had a bomb in his backpack. Although the security guard did not find the man's threat to be credible because the man was intoxicated and had previously complained about wait times at the hospital, hospital security still escorted the man out of the hospital and then contacted police, according to the report.

There was no evidence of explosives found when the Kane County Bomb Squad later searched the man's backpack.

Police said the man was charged with disorderly conduct and was admitted to Presence Mercy Medical Center for a psychological evaluation, according to the report.

More articles on legal and regulatory issues:

CEO of medical marketing firm arrested for plotting death of former associate
Supreme Court exempts church-affiliated hospitals from federal pension law: 5 things to know
Hospitalist group settles billing fraud case for $4.2M

Copyright © 2022 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.

 

Featured Whitepapers

Featured Webinars